AN AMUSE BOUCHE of sorts …
5 favorite Minneapolis-St. Paul restaurants for delicious & affordable dinners …
- Lucia’s Bakery Fresh and delicious entrees, salads, soups, and baked goods … more varied + budget-friendly menu than the wine bar next door … and $15.95 bottles of wine after 4:30. Don’t miss the grilled salmon when they have it. | 1432 W. 31st Street, Minneapolis | 612-823-7125
- ChinDian Cafe Malaysian + Vietnamese = indescribably good. | 1500 East Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis | 612-676-1818
- Pizza Nea Neapolitan pizza–and yes, it’s better than Punch Pizza, which has recently muscled its way into Nea’s northeast Minneapolis ‘hood. | 306 East Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis | 612-331-9298
- Kafe 421 Warm & welcoming ambience, varied and affordable Mediterranean menu, conveniently located in the heart of Dinkytown (parking in lot behind). | 421 14th Ave. S.E., Minneapolis | 612-623-4900
- Pho Tau Bay Arguably the best Vietnamese restaurant in the Twin Cities. | 2837 Nicollet Ave. S. | 612-874-6030
By the way, welcome to Spy Twin Cities, a new and evolving mingle-mangle … focusing on culture and history for everyday tourists and adventurers (like me) in Minneapolis-St. Paul!